Thursday, February 16, 2017

Thoughtful Thursday: Love Language

Today for thoughtful Thursday I thought we would keep the Valentine's Day feel going. Have you heard of the 5 Love Languages? The love language quiz is based off of The 5 Love Languages book that was written by the Christian author Gary Chapman. Now I do highly recommend this for couples, but there are also books to learn your children's love language too. You can find that book here.

Since I do not have children, I can only speak from the point of view of the 5 love languages for the married couple book. We got this book as a wedding present, and it was amazing what we found out about one another. We had been together for five years, before we read this book, and I thought I knew the right way to show my husband my love. I was wrong....way wrong. I was showing him love by doing things that I would want to receive. This book says this is the biggest mistake we can make. Assuming we should give love as we would want to receive it.

After taking the quiz I learned that Chris' love language is acts of service. So this means that he feels loved when I surprise him by folding clothes he forgot to get to. He always gets all excited when I wake up on my off days just to make his breakfast and kiss him goodbye. Now please don't think that Chris didn't like the things I did before. They just didn't jump out to him as much. I loved this book because not only did it give tips on what to do to show your loved one how much you loved them, but it also shows what to avoid. I cannot tell you how much we both learned from this book.

This weeks challenge: Learn your loved one's love language. I will leave the quiz down below. Once you have learned their love language do something for them to show them how much you love them. The quiz is great and informative, but it does not go into depth like the book does. I cannot recommend the book enough. MAKE SURE TO CLICK ON THE LINK TO GO STRAIGHT TO THE QUIZ. YOU CAN FIND IT HERE.


Question of the day: What is your love language, and do you have the same as your spouse or child? 





No comments:

Post a Comment