Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Wisdom Wednesday:Jump out of bed


I read this quote and thought wow this person must be really smart, happy, and just have it all together. Now I have no clue what their life consist of. They may actually be all those things, but one thing I do know, is this is a wise quote. This type of mindset has the potential to change how we see mornings, goals, and how we live out our day to day life. 

I know for myself, that it's easy for me to forget that I need to actually LIVE everyday, and not just go through my routine. This quote has inspired me to make a small goal every day that makes me excited about living the one life I have. I wake up Monday-Friday at 4:45, and let me tell you when you are waking up before the sun it is hard to be excited about anything. 

I challenge you to take some time out of your day today, and write out a few goals that you think would make you excited for the day to come. I also challenge you to not only make those goals, but meet them. 

Here are some goals that I have that make me excited, and feel free to take them, add to them, or laugh at them. Some of these goals may be weird to others and that's okay. We all need a good laugh right? 

-Rearrange items in the store. I LOVE when I get inspired to change things up. I will write or sketch out my idea the night before, and it gets me even more excited for the day to come. D and I rearranged yesterday, and I LOVED it. D trusted me to do an arrangement that I think was out of both of our comfort zone. It was exciting, new, and challenging. Everything I want in a goal. 


-Finding new ways to worship God. I make goals to go deeper in my faith. A goal could be as simple as use my new journaling Bible (that I am loving by the way) or to make a goal of showing God's love that day. Some of the hardest goals I set are dedicated to my faith, but they are the most rewarding goals. 


-Having a clean house. I know that most of us myself included want to jump out of the bed to clean. If you do PLEASE tell me your ways!! Anyway, I never get excited about cleaning, I am not a neat freak by nature. I have to push myself. What gets me excited is looking at pictures on Pinterest, knowing how a clean house will ease my anxiety, and how much my husband loves a clean house. Also knowing if someone pops by and my house doesn't look like the next episode of hoarders makes me excited too. 

-Improving my health. Remember me telling you I wake up super early, yeah well I also workout at 5 am. Yeah I know I think there is a screw missing in my head some days too. My goal is to get my health where I want it. I have seen too many loved ones have terrible health problems, and I don't want to go down that road. Heart disease runs in my family. A goal of breaking that cycle really pumps me up. I want to say that I did it. That I proved everyone wrong. that this isn't just a phase, and that I CAN do this for myself. 

Question of the day: What goals would make you want to jump out of bed?

Remember we can make our every day to day routines exciting. It's all about the mindset.

No comments:

Post a Comment